Friday, June 30, 2006

Much Better Stuffing for Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms

Crab-stuffed mushrooms are one of Mopie’s favorite of the quasi-South Beach meals we've concocted, which is surprising, since I’ve been playing with the recipe each time I make it. This time, the stuffing went something like this, although Mo actually MADE the mushrooms, due to the Zombie Thumb situation. I just gave direction:

1 lb lump white crab meat
1 large egg
3 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
2/3 c goat cheese
Kosher salt
½ cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley

Mo combined all of these in a bowl by squishing it with her gloved hands. Then she lumped it all into the cleaned mushroom caps. We followed the standard cooking procedure but this time, I decided to try poaching the bottoms of the mushrooms in a little wine. That was an awesome idea and next time, I’m going to throw some more garlic in the liquid too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home