Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Broiled Salmon

I thought I had this one noted already because it seems like I make it all the time, but apparently not since I started keeping track of Dinner With Pie nights.


Fresh Salmon Fillets
Some Kind Of Seasoning*
Freshly ground black pepper
Kosher Salt
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a decent-sized baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil. Place salmon fillets into dish, season as desired, then spritz with more olive oil. Pop into oven and cook until the fish starts to look opaque (you know, like cooked salmon should look). I crank the broiler up to finish it off because I like the edges to be a little crisp.


*My favorite thing to use is a shallot/thyme/lemony something spice blend from Penzey’s called Fox Point seasoning (or Lake Shore Drive Seasoning if you’re buying it from The Spice House). However, I’ve made it with Herbs de Provence, thyme, dill, or orange pepper and it tastes really good. It’s practically fool-proof. **

**Ok, there was that situation when MoPie tried to make it herself and somehow ended up with a scrambled salmon concoction, but that was before she moved to Wisconsin and had watched me make this forty times. You can do it, little Pie! Be brave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home