Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tomato-Pesto Turkey Burgers

1 lb lean ground turkey
2 spoonfuls Trader Joe's Tomato Basil prepared pesto
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp ground pepper
1/4 c freshly grated romano
1/4 c fresh Italian parsley, chopped


Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well (I used my hands and plastic gloves, because raw meat freaks me out, but your mileage may vary) then divide into four sections, then pat into patties. Brush with canola oil and grill on a medium grill.

I underseasoned these, since I didn't know how much salt the pesto and romano would add. I would definitely add a pinch of kosher salt and maybe a clove of garlic to the mix, because it seemed a little underwhelming to me. Pie seemed to like it, though, since she was willing to take home the leftovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home