Saturday, May 20, 2006

Failed melon juice experiment

According to Michael Chirrarillo, he makes this for his friends’ kids all the time, and since I had a really ripe cantaloupe all cut up and the weather was very springy, I thought we would try that instead of the standard wine. I think Michael Chirrarillo is sort of a tool, but I enjoy looking at the Napa valley shots during his show and also heckling the screen. This is the first time I’ve ever made any of his recipes and it will probably be the last.


1 super ripe cantaloupe, cut into chunks
Pinch Kosher Salt
Fresh mint (my addition)

In small batches, whir up the cantaloupe chunks in the blender. Add a pinch of salt. Try it and get freaked out by the texture. Think it might be better after it’s chilled. Chill. Remove and be disturbed by the way that it has now separated. Foist it upon your friend, who suggests that maybe it should be blended more. Blend it more. Decide that is not the problem, but rather that it is just fucking disgusting. Throw down garbage disposal and use the mint to make mojitos instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home